Thursday, June 5, 2008

Wednesday Night at Marymoor Velodrome

We just barely got to race again. It was raining on my ride out to the velodrome from Seattle and I thought there's no way there will be racing tonight. But then about 6 miles from the track it stopped raining and the road dried up. I guess it had been raining at the track too but it dried up just in time for racing. Unfortunately the rain scared away some of the racers and the women's field was down to four. We had a fun race though with some competitive sprinting. I think we raced pretty aggressively for such a small field.

I had a much bigger gear on my bike this time. I geared up for last Friday with the guys and decided to leave on the bigger gear since we were doing flying 200's. I think it was a 92 inch. Probably on the big side for racing but I might have been able to push a bigger gear on the 200. I'll have to experiment. I've ordered another chain ring so I can try some gears in between.

We had a tempo race, the 200, and a points race. The sprinting was fun and felt good in my big gear. Jen A. did the men's race this time so I didn't get to try my gear against her sprint. I did a 14.63 on the flying 200. I don't remember what I did last year. I wasn't blogging yet! Overall I got first in the omnium which helped me get an invite for Friday. It looks like rain for sure though on Friday. But Ballard is the next day so either way I'll get in some fast riding.

No comments: